80 Guiding Daily Affirmations For Kids
Since kids are still developing ways to cope with stress and build their self-esteem, a few positive affirmations can be very helpful. Especially when kids are having issues with “fitting in” with their peer group, these quick reminders can be valuable confidence boosters.
By giving them supportive “self-talk” to counteract their doubts and insecurities, they can better overcome day-to-day challenges like peer pressure and setbacks in academics or sports.
A good way to get started is for parents to partner with their kids to choose affirmations. It can be a fun activity and will boost the chances for success. When the child takes the lead in picking sayings he or she likes and finds useful, they will be more likely to hop onboard.
To incorporate affirmations in daily life, parents can encourage their kids to post them on the fridge, mirror, bulletin board, inside their locker, or in their binder. If the child is creative or artistically inclined, they will enjoy personalizing the affirmations. They can choose designs and fonts, and also draw, paint, or pick out illustrations, putting their own spin on them.
In addition, parents should remind their kids to say the affirmations silently to themselves when they need them most, like when they’re nervous about a test, strike out at bat, or have a negative encounter with a classmate.
Affirmations can be *so powerful* but most people make mistakes and quit before they see results. You can follow this affirmation workbook to see how it can impact your life in just 7 days.
Parents can help encourage their kids with gentle, positive reinforcement. Hopefully, affirmations will be powerful tools for boosting their happiness and improving their daily lives.
1. Make today matter.
2. I can encourage other people.
3. My opinions have value.
4. I can cheer myself up.
5. I am strong and determined.
6. It’s ok to be different.
7. Embrace challenges.
8. When I don’t succeed, I can try again.
9. I am caring.
10. Think positive.
11. I can control my feelings.
12. My family loves me unconditionally.
13. I am resilient.
14. We all make mistakes.
15. I love to learn.
16. I don’t have to be a follower.
17. Today I will be my best self.
18. I can believe anything is possible.
19. I can make a difference.
20. I am kind.
21. It’s going to be a great day.
22. I don’t need to compare myself to others.
23. I stand up for my beliefs.
24. Dream big!
25. I am prepared for success.
26. Choose happiness.
27. I trust my decisions.
28. It’s ok not to know everything.
29. I am open to new possibilities.
30. I am trustworthy.
31. Every day is a new day!
32. I love myself unconditionally.
33. I can overcome my fears.
34. The judgment of others won’t stop me from being my true self.
35. I am unique.
36. I respect others.
37. It’s ok to ask for the help I need.
38. I will take deep breaths.
39. I am in charge of my life.
40. Everything will be ok.
41. I make the world a better place.
42. I am creative.
43. Today I choose to be confident.
44. Next time I will do better.
45. I can turn around a bad situation.
46. All my problems have solutions.
47. I can take time to understand my feelings.
48. I respect myself.
49. My friends like me.
50. I can recognize my shortcomings.
51. I am blessed.
52. Lots of people care about me.
53. I am a good problem solver.
54. I will get through this.
55. I can make my dreams come true.
56. I am fun to hang out with.
57. I can make my friends laugh.
58. Today I choose to be happy.
59. I make good choices.
60. I can do anything I set my mind to do.
61. Today I choose to be positive.
62. I make others feel better.
63. I can ask for support.
64. Challenges help me to become a stronger person.
65. I accept myself for who I am.
66. I am grateful for what I have.
67. Today I am a leader.
68. I am calm and relaxed.
69. I can be assertive without being aggressive.
70. Today I will spread happiness.
71. I am proud of myself.
72. Bad feelings come and go.
73. I am open to learning new things.
74. Today I will work through my fears.
75. I deserve to be happy.
76. .I can choose to be around people who appreciate who I am.
77. .I will always do my best.
78. Even if I don’t agree, I can respect other people’s opinions.
79. I can advocate for myself.
80. I love to make new friends.
Hope you and your kids find these affirmations uplifting and helpful!